Gaf Lifetime Roofing Systems
Tigerpaw Underlayment/ Metal Valleys/ Ice and Water Shield/ Vented Ridge Cap
Using all of these components can guarantee you a lifetime roofing system that allows our 30 year architectural shingle to carry manufactures lifetime warranty.
Tiger Paw™ Roof Deck Protection is a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing System, and has even earned the prestigious Good Housekeeping Seal.
Here is what we do to replace your roof:
1) Tear off and roofing debris will be carefully torn off the home and place in a dumpster on site
2) Attend to any and all problem areas where mold or dry rot is present, repair and replace with a Cdx plywood
3) Waterproof the home with a top of the line Synthetic Underlayment using GAF Tiger Paw.
4) Carefully cut 9 inch ventallation into the ridge of the home and install GAF Cobra ridgevent into the ridge for proper attic ventilation.
5) It’s important to shingle the correct way the first time. Begin by laying shingles from the lowermost part of the roof. The shingles should be nailed firmly to the roof using roofing nails. After a row has been laid, the next row should be laid such that it partially overlaps the previous row. Repeat this step until you’ve reach the top of the roof. At the top, use two rows of shingles: one completely overlapping the other to provide enhanced protection. This helps your roof last longer. Read more: http://www.ehow.com/list_6828298_proper-steps-shingle-house-roof.html#ixzz332RJ0YBs